Princess St. Pre-School is a friendly happy place, established in 1972.
Our sessions are held in Room 1 in the Community Centre. This is located at the back of the Methodist Church in the town centre on Princess Street. We also have an outside area and use of a large hall for rainy days. There are parking facilities at the back of the hall for dropping off.
We take children from 2 years to school age and are registered with Social Services for up to 20 children. We welcome ALL children into our Pre-School whatever nationality, race, religion, ability, means or status.
Find out what our parents think of Princess Street Pre-School, and take a look at our Testimonials.
Meet our staff...
At Pre-School the children learn to play alongside other children and to relate to adults outside their family circle.
Through structured play they learn to share, to be tolerant, to develop confidence, to be creative and to learn the importance of rules and fairness. In short, your child will learn a variety of skills to prepare them for school in a friendly and caring environment. We follow the National Curriculum Guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage as advised by the Department for Education and Skills. Click here for the full guide.
In Pre-School we have paint, sand, playdough, jigsaws and games, construction sets, activity toys and a home corner. We also have a writing and number area, water play and dressing up clothes. We cook, sing and look at books.
Our sessions start with free play where there is a craft activity, writing, colouring, jigsaws etc. We end our sessions with 'circle time' and discuss our theme and have a story. Healthy eating is encouraged. snack time includes fresh fruit, cheese, crackers and milk/water. There is now an outside area for the children to play. We start our sessions outside every day except Wednesdays when sessions start in the hall.
Click here for a visual guide of the daily routine.
- Monday to Friday during our term time from 9am until 12pm.
Afternoon sessions run from 12noon to 3pm.
- Government funding for 2, 3, and 4 year olds for up to 24 hours a week. You can split your allocation between two establishments.
- The minimum number of sessions we offer is two a week.
- Fees are £18 per 3 hour session for under 3 year olds (Rate reduces on the day of third birthday), and £15 per 3 hour session for over 3 year olds.
- A £30 deposit is payable with the registration document for non-funded children.
- From Monday through to Friday, we offer Lunch Clubs which will cost £5.50 per child.
- Drop in sessions now also available, ring for details.
- We accept childcare vouchers and are registered with all the current providers and government schemes.
The Pre-School is a registered charity. The Committee is comprised of Pre-School parents. The Commitee meets once a term with the Annual General Meeting in September/October.. We have various fundraising events and your involvement will always be welcome.
Read more about...
At Princess St. Pre-School, we aim to provide a secure, happy and caring environment in which children can take their first steps in learning.
We hope this will form a strong foundation on which parents and teacher can build for the future.
- Princess St. Pre-School has been successfully OFSTED inspected.
- We are registered with Ofsted and we are members of the Pre-School Learning Alliance.
- We encourage a healthy lifestyle by talking to the children about this and providing healthy snacks and drinks.
Please call at anytime to pick up an application form and have a look around. You will be most welcome.